Finance and Operations Manager
Location: Central London
We are looking for a mission-focused, strategic and process-minded individual. The successful Finance and Operations Manager will have a broad range of skills, enabling them to support both the CEO and the Startup Managers, whilst also fulfilling their own day-to-day responsibilities.
Reporting to the CEO of Toucan Ventures Ltd, the Finance and Operations Manager will support all internal operations and will have the following key responsibilities:
Finance and Human Resources
- Cultivate the values of Toucan within the organisation
- Manage the pension scheme and health insurance scheme for the organisation
- Manage and maintain an accounting system that provides the organisation with quick access to financial information and enables strategic budgeting. Produce management accounts in a timely manner
- Review and manage expenses
- Arrange for legal documentation necessary for the operation of the company, including employment contracts, LOIs, term sheets) as instructed by the CEO
- Manage the relationship with the outsourced accountants to schedule payroll, liaise on bookkeeping, process management accounts and ensure that Toucan is in full compliance with all regulatory matters
- Support the preparation of budgets and ensure they are adhered to, prepare quarter updates and reports
- Manage relationship with external service providers
Work alongside the CEO, with regards to responsibilities to the Board.
- Prepare monthly Board papers and financial reports
- Succinctly summarise the meeting in the format approved by the Chairman of the Board.
- Liaise with investors on admin issues as instructed by the CEO
Social Media and Marketing
- Manage the Communications and Social Media activities, advising them on suitable content and tone of voice
- Work together with the Executive Coordinator to develop a communications strategy that represents Toucan’s values and mission
- Upload content onto the Toucan website, using WordPress
- Manage external partnerships from the process of on-boarding to referring our clients to their services and, in turn, referring their clients to our services
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally we are looking for a professional with relevant accounting and/or finance qualifications (ACCA, management accountants)
- Experienced in financial management and understands accounting and finance best practices
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks, while responding to multiple prioritiesProven ability to work with efficiency and flexibility
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, and from diverse backgrounds.
- Spark, imagination, creativity
- Interest in the creative industry, specifically in the food and beverage, retail and lifestyle sectors
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Analytics, WordPress.
- Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations
- Must have UK work authorisation
Send your CV to email@example.com